Sunday 3 November 2013

September/October 2013

Yet  again I have been quite busy socially and with work and seeing shows, performing,  trips to London and generally  seeing friends and celebrating my sisters wedding as well . The I wrote that I was going to perform in was a selection of Shakespeare's songs , scenes and sonnets We performed the show on a Friday evening to a audience of mostly friends and family , it featured scenes from A Midsummer Nights Dream , The Merry Wives of Windsor and A Midsummer Nights Dream to name a few . We all read a sonnet and sung a few songs . I recited " Shall I Compare thee to a Summers Day " and played Maria in Twelfth Night and revisited playing Helena in a Midsummer Nights Dream . It was a fun filled evening and raised some money for the company , I must admit I enjoyed the Twelfth Night scene and Midsummer scene as well , my sister had played Maria in a previous production so it was interesting to make the role my own alongside her advice as well .

 
 .

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? (Sonnet 18)

 
by William Shakespeare

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, untrimmed;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to Time thou grow'st.
     So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
     So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.


Another thing I have done quite a lot is go to the theatre . I went to see the Jersey Boys for my sisters Hen Do , which tells the story of the Four Seasons and how they came together and drifted apart . It was a great show and had lots of catchy tunes , I personally enjoyed Sherry , Big Girls Don't Cry , Walk Like A Man  and Oh What A Night . The cast were all so talented, the women in the show had a lot of mini roles and costume changes so I admire them for all their hard work , and know how it feels to a extent .


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAR1cNG37d0

 
Another show I went to see was "Much Ado About Nothing " with Vanessa Redgrave and James Earl Jones, the show was set in 1944 England with visiting American GI's . The show was very basic , but worked in a simplistic way . Vanessa Redgrave delivered her lines beautifully and I really liked Melody Grove's common but sassy Margaret and Kingsley Ben - Adirs Borachio , he and Margaret had a strong relationship and they captured the essence of the characters excellently . Peter Wright was also a very humorous Dogberry , he did not over act the part and had good banter with Verges as well .
 
And the last show I went to see was two weeks ago , and it was Haywards Heath Operatic Society's version of "The Full Monty" . It has been adapted into a American Musical and it was brilliant, they work so hard as a company and the shows are professional and to a high standard . The whole cast worked so hard and were very brave walking around partially naked and stripping as well . It was nice to see some familiar faces as well, I might go and do a show with them very soon .
 
I have to say I'm really enjoying Downton Abbey at the moment as well , I love the 1920's fashion and feel the stories are getting stronger and stronger . I hope Lady Edith finds happiness and that Rose does get together with Jack ( the band leader ) everyone likes a daring story line now and then . Also loving the Paradise , Bomb Girls and Ripper Street !!!

 
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment