Thursday 12 December 2013

Nov/ Dec 2012

I am going to ask the age old question - where has the year gone ? I question this because it seems to have gone so fast !!! One minute we are freezing our backsides of in January and next it's the summer soaking up some July sunshine and then back to Christmas and the freezing cold winter. Ok end of questioning where the year has gone , its time to assess the last two months and perhaps go through some of my years highlights as well .

Recently I performed in Winter Fairy Tales with my theatre group and we took some classic stories and acted them out . These included the tin soldier , the little match girl , the Swinehead and the wild swans . I played a street child based around the artful dodger from Oliver , Princess Ruby in the Swinehead and Elise in the Wild Swans . I feel the evening was greatly received by all who watched it and really enjoyed playing the spoiled Princess Ruby a bit to much !!!

I have also been to see a Midsummer Nights Dream starring David Walliams and Sheridan Smith .It was set in contrasting Eras 1930's for the people and 1960's for the forest or hippy type folks for the fairies . I felt this worked really well and seeing this production has made me want to go back  and perform in the production again , with a different setting . I really loved Stefan Adegbola as Oberon/Theseus Pádraic Delaney as Oberon/Theseus  I cant remember which one I saw , but whoever it was had a beautifully strong Scottish accent and great power and command over the stage , I could listen to his voice forever !!!

Sheridan Smith and Shakespeare was a perfect match , there is nothing she cannot do , she had fantastic stage presence and was wonderfully serene as Hypoltia and cheekily sumptuous as Titania . I also loved Katherine Kingsley's Helena she was wonderfully desperate but really comical and the physical comedy used in the show made it hilarious . I loved the set , it was simple for the mansion , and for the forest having a fallen down mansion brought the two worlds together . The moon was so beautiful . I'm glad I got to see this show it was one of my years highlights !!!.
 
 
 
 
Highlights of the year for 2013 :
1. Costume Exhibition at V&A in London
saw so many famous costumes, beautifully made and stunning to see .
2. Top Hat on Stage
A fantastic toetapping show , with great songs and a great story , love it
so much I saw it twice and would see it again .
3. Kiss Me Kate
One of my favourite Musicals and I saw it before it closed at the Old Vic , so well adapted and again great tunes , would see it again .
4. Meeting Kim Cattrall
Met Kim Cattrall , after seeing Sweet Bird of Youth , she was so lovely and is a great actress.
5.Peter and Alice
Loved this play ,told the story of the people who Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland was based around , Judi Dench is a fantastic actress and I met Ruby Bentall , so happy !!!
6.Mr Gatsby
Great Gatsby was released and is one of my favourite films , love the glitz and glamor of the 1920's .
7.The Cripple of a Innishmann
Saw another play at the Noel Coward theatre and Dan Radcliffe was very powerful.
8. A Midsummer Nights Dream
Again at the Old Vic , really enjoyed this show .
9.Shakespeares Songs, Sonnets and Scenes
Really enjoyed performing in a variety of the Bards scenes, reading a sonnet and slightly singing , beginning to become more comfortable singing in front of people .
10 . Co- directing Much Ado About Nothing
I co-directed Much Ado About Nothing with my friend Ed , it was a lot of hard work but I was so pleased with the end result , everyone worked hard to pull the show together and I loved the costumes !!!
 
Coming in 2013 ...
The Light Princess, Cats, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers , Shakespeare in Love to say a few things .
 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year .
 
Stella xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment