Monday 14 January 2013

Late Dec 2012 ~ Jan 2012

I must admit the last month has been exceedingly busy , Christmas is always a busy time of year and I spent majority of the time performing , watching shows or out seeing friends and catching up with them . Back in December I went to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show in Brighton as  a treat and also we all love the musical so fancied seeing it on stage . My friend booked the tickets back in the summer so we had brilliant seats in the stalls . Like true Rocky spirit we all dressed up as characters from the show and luckily as we went on a Saturday we did not look out of place , and some brave souls were more risqué than us wearing just corsets and fishnets but they looked fab!!!!!!!! The funny treat was outside a group of people had a funny Rocky hurse and were dancing along to a jukebox with all the songs playing . This happened before and after the show to get people in the party spirit. 


The cast and show was completely brilliant , Oliver Thornton made a very sexy and raunchy Frankenfurter and Ben Foster who won Superstar on ITV was a very amusing Brad. Roxanne Pallett was a very excellent prissy Janet and had a wonderful voice . Philip Franks was so funny as the narrator and put up and responded well to the audience trolling which made the show funny . I also loved Riff Raff (Kristian  Lavercombe) and  Ceris Hine as Columbia was wonderfully cheeky and had a excellent voice !!!!! Loved the show so much I went to see it again with my sister her fiancé and friend we all did the time warp again and went to the stage door to meet Philip Franks as well as a darling buds of may fan .
Another show I have been to see recently was Quatermines Terms , it was about a group of teachers who worked in a school in Cambridge teaching foreign students English . Rowan Atkinson gave a excellent performance as Quatermine and the rest of the cast were really humorous as well !!!!!!!!!
 
I also went to see Top Hat on Friday evening as a present for my little sister birthday . I have never seen this show before so I had no idea what to expect but I knew of some of the songs featured in the show and also I knew of  the film. The show was FANTASTIC!!!!!!! I loved being whisked back to the 1930's and enjoyed all the tapping tunes , the cast again were brilliant and I loved Tom Chambers as Jerry Travers , his singing and dancing was superb. Charlotte Gooch as Dale Tremont gave a excellent performance and looked stunning in her costumes and sang and danced beautifully . I loved Horace and Madge Hardwick (Martin Ball and Vivien Parry)  made an amusing duo and were so comical !!!!!!!  Beddini played by Ricardo Afonso was also hilarious and his solo of Latins Know How was just so seductively amusing !!!!!! The whole show was just lovely , I love the music, characters , bright slim line costumes and the set worked really well , the show really suits the Aldwych Theatre and I really want to see the show again and was greatful to see Tom Chambers before he finishes of  02 Feb. The film is enjoyable as well loving Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaires performances and think it has been very well adapted for the stage . I'm enjoying tapping and singing along to the soundtrack!!!!



 
 
 
 
 
 
Also I have been to see Les Miserables in the cinema , the film is very long but so good!!!!! Loved the whole cast and particularly loved Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway who gave a beautifully heartbreaking performance of "I dreamed a dream" and Samantha Barkes who came third in I'd do anything and has performed as Eponine in the west end . I again found her performance wonderfully heartbreaking and shed a tear when she Sang" On my Own" and "A Little Fall of Rain" , Gavaroache was so sweet and cheeky and the Theanardiers hilarious , inspiration for hostess in Faustus has come partially from Madame Theardinier !!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment