Saturday 20 October 2012

A Midsummer Nights Dream & Caeser

Nipping home from house sitting today , I was happy to find my costume had turned up for my next play which is very exciting and it sent my mind back to the summer and a Midsummer Nights Dream and Julius Caeser thnking about how different they were and how much I enjoyed them both in different ways.

We performed a Midsummer Nights Dream back in July in sevral outside locations around Sussex, we managed to survive the rain and the   performances were well recieved and enjoyed by all . We set the production in the 1970's so flower power and tie dye were very much in effect , along with flowing maxi dresses and phsycodellic face paint to help the fairies stand out as well . I played Helena ,mad , mad, madly in love with Demetruis who did not love her back, she was crazy and probably should be locked away or have a restraining order put out she was that mad, but she is a part I have allways wanted to play and I enjoyed it a lot , wishing we were back in the sunfilled summer and not heading into the cold cold winter!!!!!!!!
(Below Me and a new friend Tiny and drawing I gave as  thank you gift to director Sarah)


We perfomed Julius Caeser in September and that was a complete contrast to Midsummers, it was set in modern day political Rome with the overthrow /murder of the Primeminster which eventually ended in murder and overthrow of Brutus and his sidekick Casca and Octavius with the help of Marc Anthony coming to the rescue . I played Portia, quite a heavy role involving selfharm and fake blood on stage, but liked playing a serious part for a change although she died , also played a commonor which was fun as well . Very powerful performances from all very well done. (Below show  magazine Grazie by me)
Us as Commonors (Sarah) Chardonnay - Deney  (Ed)Gazza Deny and (me) Tiffani Twinkle avec Baby Rose.
 (Show Poster)

 Looking forward to Hedda and Winter Fairytales next for Barefoot Players.

No comments:

Post a Comment