Sunday 14 October 2012

 Hedda Gabler .


 I went to see a production of Ibsen's Hedda Gabler last night at the Old Vic in London and I have to say it was brilliant.

The theatre group that I belong to The Barefoot Players are putting it on as our next productuin in early December and not knowing the story I thought it would be beneficial if I went with some friends to see it and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

It is version by Brian Freil and has been tailored for laughs and tears . I have to say the casting was brilliant and I cannot say that I had a favourite performance becuase all of the actors bought something wonderfully unique to the piece in their own way .

The production was wonderfully slick and the costumes fit each character perfectally , weather it be a dapper suit or a wonderfully bustled dress the costumes were lovely. I adored the sets depth , and enjoyed being able to see the different rooms and what the other characters were up to when not in the living room. My very clever friend pointed out the middle room served as a  prision or cage for Hedda  at the end of the play and the final climax was so shocking - I'm still shaken from the blood now!!!

I was so greatful to the cast for signing autographs and having photos taken with me and my friends Adrain Scarbrough was so nice and very eco- friendly may I add cycling home and Sheridan Smith is lovely , so down to earth and appreciative for people coming out to see the show  -I must admit Im still a little bit starstruck!!!!!!!! But I do recommend people going to see the show it's only on to 10th November , it is brilliant!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment