Friday 12 April 2013

Matilda , 39 Steps and Pasha and Katya!!!

Busy Busy few months /weeks have left my blog neglected so now it is time to update it with what I have been up to again keeping busy eating way to much chocolate over Easter and catching up with friends some who I haven't seen since Christmas eve or January so it was lovely to go to Brighton and shop and relax in a coffee shop watching the world pass by as well .



I went to see Matilda back on a freezing cold Saturday in March with my friend Sarah and her work colleague and friend. We travelled up in the afternoon and braved the sleety/snowy conditions to look around the Globe exhibition and enjoy Matilda in the evening . The globe exhibition was below the theatre and gave me more knowledge of theatre in the 1500's and Shakespeare's life in general , I loved the costumes that were on display and finding out about the music, I also did a bit of shopping and bought the 2011 or 2012 Much Ado About nothing production on DVD which was nice to re watch . We watched Matilda in the evening and it was brilliant the production was very well written and the children were very professional . I really enjoyed the songs, Miracle, Telly and when I grow up!!!
 

I went to see the 39 Steps on Monday in Brighton again with my friend Sarah and really enjoyed this show .It is based on a film and has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen . The set was very basic and worked well with props being slid on the stage like chairs, suitcases and even Christmas tree's!!!
This blissfully funny show follows the incredible adventures of our handsome hero Richard Hannay, complete with stiff-upper-lip, British gung-ho and pencil moustache as he encounters dastardly murders, double-crossing secret agents, and, of course, devastatingly beautiful women. 
This wonderfully inventive and gripping comedy thriller features four fearless actors, playing 139 roles in 100 minutes of fast-paced fun and thrilling action. I really enjoyed the variety of accents used in this show and  was so impressed at the quick changes not only in costume but in character as well !!! again a must see!!!

 
And on Saturday I experienced an evening of Dance with the Stars of Strictly Pasha Kovalov and Katya Vershiallies in Horsham. The show was really enjoyable with beautifully performed and cherographed dances , again I enjoyed every minute  loved the Jive Dances  and the Grease Showcase at the end . They also had Ryan  Hammond and Lindsay Muckle who have appeared in the South African version of Strictly and are the UK n.1  champions in Ballroom dancing , again they danced beautifully and it was nice to see some different dances as well . The costumes were lovely , beautiful sequined dresses and lovely
revealing shirts for the guys so one could appreate the
 
gentlemen's lovely chests ;)
.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment